Saturday 16 March 2013

The perfect day to die.

I sit at my favorite spot , the chatt above the chatt.
I wish I had worn an upper, the air has that characteristic cold feel to it that all summer-winter transient airs possess.
The mynahs rummage in the rubble , hopeful for a breadcrumb or two.
The Beatles play.
The crows wander astray above me.
"Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for?"




There is something serene, almost  perfect about this moment.
Something absolutely serene , absolute in the sense that it would never come again.
I feel like there would be , should be no tomorrow.
It should end today , right now.
It has been for quite some time now that the suicidal thoughts have been kept at bay.
Years have passed since I last held the knife to my wrist.
But today all the reason comes reeling back.
Today seems to be the perfect time to die , with the mynahs watching , the crows swaying to the wind's chime, with all the lonely people and their lone footsteps.
Everything I could ever want in life , exact at nineteen, I have and yet I am so unhappy , so so unhappy.
Who knows how life would be , from here on?
Better kill myself, right now in this perfect , serene moment.
Today is the perfect day to die.

I walk out towards the railing, in angle of the the armpit between the nurses' hostel and the building on which I am perched , is a void.
In that void , I belong.
But the fall won't kill ?!?!
Maybe break a leg or two , but not kill.
But hey! I could aim for the barbed wire and the pointed metal bars on the wall.
They would cut right through me.

Suddenly , the Azaan sounds.
My foot , on the verge of the railing now, hesitates.
The twin towers of the Bahawalpur block mock me , for they and I , both , are imprisoned.
They in stone, cement, varnish.
I, in this human body.

15 comments:

  1. I want to kill myself and you tell me I am amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plzzzzz mujhay b bula lena agli dafa :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot.You share the predicament of all the high achievers.When they reach their goals they feel empty and fulfilled.When they get to the place where they thought they would be happy,Well its just not there.Its the most horrible thing,to reach your goal and ask yourself "is this all there is"Emptiness-Its the deepest shit you can get in to :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God Roger Federer is stll alive then :D

      Delete
    2. Lolx,there comes another stage.Some find a deep meaning in their lives,Something beyond themselves,Something selfless,Worth living for.And then,life becomes magical and effortless.e.g Bill Gates.

      Delete
    3. Bill Gates found a spiritual meaning in life?
      WOW that is new :D
      he found money, that doesn't let him die.

      Delete
    4. He is funding all sorts of charity works around the world,He only gave 1 million dollars to each of his kids,the rest donated to charity.Isnt making a difference in millions of lives a great pursuit?And people there are more into spirituality then we are.They have realized and may be some times you'll realize too,that money isnt everything.Ofcourse it allows you pleasures and you arrive at your pains in style.But happiness,long term and eternal,comes from inside."There is no way to happiness,happiness is the way" Buddh

      Delete
  4. Its like a hole inside, we try to stuff it with hell lotta stuff but nothing fits. Then come the path well trod, filling the void with God.
    Only thing which seems to work , eh...
    If we were persistent enought that is :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. touched lots of hearts...
    the ones who have been there can surely get this :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amnaaaaa....
    simply awsome (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't ask how I ended up here but if you ever make a legacy I want the last 4 lines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those last lines...
    Better than a lot of good things I have read.
    I strongly believe you have what it takes to write a good novel. It's been 3 days and I have read most of your posts....A big fan of yours.

    ReplyDelete